Well after 4 1/2 years of being young mens president in my ward I got released. It was refreshing but a bit sad too, it will be a good change though. An hour and a half after I got released in Sacrament meeting they called me to be first counselor in the Elders Quorum. That should be a pretty good calling. I had to teach last week, my first week in Elders in 4 and a half years. The President told me to teach on what ever I wanted. I decided to teach on learning to crave the gospel. I think too many times we take the gospel too casual. I have found that the older I get, all 28 years, that I need more than just Sunday to keep me going through out the week. The lesson went pretty good.
After getting released a few of my young men came over and had made me cookies and had written me a poem. Here is the Poem
Sing Me a Lullaby Bilbao
You are our sunshine, our only sunshine
You make us happy when skies are grey
You'll never know how much we love you
So sing us a lullaby today
You've put up with Micah, Vince, Riley, Joshes, Jake
You were there when Vince got bit by the killer snake
We all love the funny little Bilbao laugh
So sit back and relax and let Sarah give you a bubble bath
Its not very hard to find good qualities about you
We are so glad that you're a Mormon... Not a JEW
You taught us on Sundays, and many Wednesdays too
We are still glad you haven't converted to be a Jew!
We don't need HBO or MTV
Instead we'll have a scripture chase with Greg-ory
We went to your work and learned about tumbleweed
We laugh when you ride that scooter with great speed
We like to talk about how you don't look half bad
But now you are leaving and now we are very sad :(
Thanks for all you've done for us!!!! We love you!!
Josh & Jake Larson, Vince Brown, Riley Sant, Micah Stevens, Weston Umphenour
What great kids! I sure will miss working with them each week. I have one kid that each week still asks me if I will come to the activities.
5 years ago
5 comments:
Man I didn't think you would ever get released! I bet Elders Quorum will be a great change! Im sure your boys will really miss you!!
Yup, that's how it goes. You will have a lot more free time on your hands now though. I believe you have the same calling as your brother Kyle now. How fun is that?
Isn't it good to feel so loved. I too thought you may be in young men's forever. Enjoy the change of scenery.
How cute is their poem?? Sounds like you had a good group of boys.
You will definitely be missed in YM's, I am sure that they are just preping you for the bishopric with this calling so you had better enjoy it! :) Chris and Caelee
Post a Comment