Monday, July 14, 2008

No Pics

Call Mr crazy but for some odd reason it feels like I need to have a picture to go with a post. I am not sure why but oh well I don't have one for this post. I have had a lot going on that I should have had my camera with me but I just didn't have it.

I had youth conference this last week. It was pretty fun we went near Tabiona, Utah. My first counselor has a cabin up there so we stayed near his property. We did this same youth conference 4 years ago so it was pretty easy to prepare for it. We have a different young womens president but she adapted well.

Our theme was "Be one of the Ten". It is in reference to the quote that President Hinckley gave several years ago saying that he was not sure that today is any better than the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. We decided to make it so that if they needed to find 10 righteous people to save the land they could look to our youth. We taught 11 different attributes that if the kids were to possess and develop they would be righteous. Since we did this 4 years ago we decided to add one more attribute to make eleven and told them that they needed to be one better than the group last time.

Four years ago we buried a time capsule and we opened it. I had written on it that I hoped I would be up there again in four years as young mens president and that I would have at least 2 kids and have some sort of a business of my own. Well all of those items came to pass. Not too bad.

On a different note, Evan has learned my name. I heard him calling for me the other day saying "Greg where are you, Greg where are you" I told him that my name was Daddy to him. It was pretty funny. I call Sarah "sweety" a lot and I noticed that he has called her sweetie a few times. They hear it all.

I will try to get some pics up next post. I did notice that Sarah got tagged from a friend so I will try to get her to do that! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Lavigne Family said...

Youth Conference was great. You did an excellent job.